In light of the evolving situation with COVID-19, we’ve made the difficult decision to postpone the first two EEBS seminars in Galway & Cork.
The health and safety of our community, partners, and team members are of the utmost importance. We are committed to rescheduling each of the canceled local events in the coming months. We'll be in touch when additional information is available.
What is EEBS?
The construction and operation of buildings accounts for almost 40% of energy use. By 2030, all new buildings must be practically energy-neutral.
The Energy Efficient Building Seminar (EEBS) is the first series of seminars in Ireland to provide a comprehensive approach to sustainable building design and construction in accordance with the requirements of nZEB.
Making the right choices regarding the design, materials and construction of a building will help reduce the amount of energy consumed throughout its lifetime.
About this Event
Partel in partnership with KORE, Daikin, NorDan, Harmony Timber Solutions and Lunos are responding proactively to the recent changes to the building regulations by hosting a series of nZEB related seminars throughout the country.
Bringing together experts from across the building industry, the seminars will present a series of envelope and building performance solutions that will help you achieve nZEB standards for both new-build and retrofit projects.
Date: 8th April 2020
Time: 8:30 – 13:45
Location: Menlo Park Hotel, Galway
Why you should attend?
- The EEBS will showcase the very best in design, construction and compliant solutions that meet and exceed the recent changes to Parts L & F of the TGD’s
- Gain valuable insights into how Insulation, Airtightness, Heating and Ventilation systems, Windows, Thermal Bridging solutions and Timber Construction, can and should be used to achieve nZEB in both residential and non-residential buildings
- A unique opportunity for Architects, Engineers, Designers, Specifiers, Developers and Building professionals to learn and be inspired by members in the green building industry
- Each seminar will provide the best principles, practices and illustrative case studies that show how a range of innovative products can be used to accelerate building energy performance
- Reduce the energy demand of buildings in a cost-effective manner
- One to one technical expert advice
- Networking opportunities with fellow professionals
- Lunch and refreshments provided
The Seminar will be a half-day comprising of morning sessions featuring theory-based informative presentations, case studies, and opportunities for Q&A discussion.
Agenda Overview – 8th April 2020
08:30 DOORS OPENS
09:00 – 09:10 WELCOME & INTRO
Speaker: Jamie Kirby, Technical Sales Manager, Partel
09:10 – 09:45 METHODS AND APPLICATIONS TO IMPROVE AIR & WIND TIGHTNESS, THERMAL BRIDGING
- Air/Wind tightness and Building Regulations
- Achieving an Air/Wind tight building structure
- Condensation dangers and their impacts
- Ventilation considerations
- Intelligent moisture management
- Conventional Details for Irish Construction
- Material spec for specific Airtightness applications
- Types of Windtight barriers advantages and disadvantages
- Designing out Thermal Bridge
Speaker: Hugh Whiriskey, Technical Director, Partel
09:45 – 10:15 INSULATION SOLUTIONS
- KORE EPS solutions that meet Part L 2019 (nZEB) for residential, commercial and public buildings - KORE Insulated Foundation System, KORE Floor Insulation, KORE Fill Cavity Wall Insulation, KORE Fill External Wall Insulation, KORE Loft Insulated Attic Flooring System, KORE Lock Warm & Cold Pitched Roof Insulation
- Real-world case studies and examples of KORE EPS solutions in action
- An overview of KORE Technical Services
- U-value calculations
- Condensation risk analysis
- Thermal bridging analysis
- Temperature factor analysis
- On-site visits
- Online resource centre
Speaker: Andrew Butler, Technical Business Development Manager, KORE
10:15 – 10:45 HEAT PUMPS
- Heat pumps that meet nZEB standard and their advantages
- Variables (back stop values) that have to be met and can have a determining factor in achieving the building regulations when producing an energy rating document/BER assessment
- HP calculation tool to be used by BER assessors in calculating the heat pump heating and hot water efficiency
Speaker: Niall Duffy, Technical Sales Engineer, Daikin
10:45 – 11:00 BREAK
11:00 – 11:30 WINDOWS
- nZEB glazing solutions
- Secure windows in commercial and residential buildings
- Pressure-treated systems - 30-year guarantee
Speaker: Brendan Harte, NorDan
11:30 – 12:00 TIMBER FRAME CONSTRUCTION
- Offsite nZEB compliant system
- Thermal Bridging
- Wall & Roof insulation options
- Roof Truss systems
- Factory Quality Control for Construction
Speaker: Martin Williams, Sales Director, Harmony Timber Solutions
12:00 – 12:45 LUNCH & NETWORKING
12:45 – 13.15 VENTILATION
- NZEB Part F changes - What does it mean?
- CMEV / Demand Controlled Ventilation
- Heat Recovery Ventilation
- Decentralised Ventilation Solutions
Speaker: Hugh Whiriskey, Technical Director, Partel
13:15 – 13:45 CLOSING REMARKS / VISIT DISPLAY STANDS / NETWORKING
Please Note: The EEBS will charge a €10 fee per ticket refundable upon registration at the event (5 working days after the event). Cancellations on the day of the EEBS Seminar, the day before or non-attendance will result in the full amount being charged.